June 14, 2010

Be Forgotten


Friday, June 11 2010.

I drove to WM to meet up with SN, HCM and NFZ. I have been looking forward to meet them all especially HCM. I need to know what’s new.

Much of what she said was unpleasant. SN however said, “…the other day dalam meeting, K was continuously talking about SG closing down. I don’t know whether it was a joke… she was laughing about it”

It ain’t matter. It is something new, though.

I drove along the Damansara – Puchong highway and take a left turn just before a fuel station. I am going to see Datin Seri Hajjah Jessimah, who was my teacher during primary school. She has cancer.

“Sabarlah Ilyas. Setidak-tidaknya Ilyas sihat, tidak seperti saya. Itu jauh lebih penting”, she said when I told her about my work and all.

Mr. Chong King Lee then chipped in.

“Ilyas, wealth is like the rambutan tree leaves. If you don’t do anything, the leaves won’t come falling into your hands. You have to do something to get it. You cannot give up. You should not be frightened by your surrounding” he says.

Life has got to be better than this!

Just the other day I emailed to Lim about Adik’s and Kembar’s extension. Today both of them emailed me and said that both are not interested to further their contract period. Kembar has signed an agreement with Epoi, while Adik has his own plans.

Zali came into the office just minutes before lunch. “Aku masuk awal pun, apa aku nak buat? Nak attend case, duit takde. Dari aku duduk saja, baik aku pergi ronda cari kerja, tengok iklan mana-mana.... paling kurang pun, aku layan anak-anak kat rumah. Jimat duit minyak!”. He’s got a point.

Since some of my colleagues moved to WM, I notice things are not as what it used to be. Communication is limited, and friendship is now at risk. I now know things are just not the same anymore. The usual sweet conversations we’ve had has turned into sour hellos, and the enthusiastic feeling of being in the office for long hours just to say goodbye to a pleasant day has suddenly vanished. I wonder if I’m losing the ‘Minang’ spirit too. That’s the last thing I need.

I sat at the corner of my desk and browsed through some photos of my colleagues just to cheer myself up. I was in a conversation with one of them this morning. That too sounded like talking to a stranger or a friend with nothing in common although previously we were close. I bet sooner or later I will be forgotten.