June 4, 2010

Nothing Else To Say


4 June 2010

HCM messaged me the other day about NA’s resignation. Apparently NA told me that she did that because she feels her career path is going down the drain, amidst her high qualification. I am not sure who else is left at finance now. Looks like I’m going to lose another good friend in the Company.

As I enter my office in the morning, MNH a.k.a “Adik” hands me a letter. It says.

“We refer to your Employment Agreement with SSM date 19 June 2009…. Your employment with the Company is ending 30 June 2010. Therefore, your last date of service…. We would like to take…. Thank you for your past service… Wish you success in your future undertakings….. Yours sincerely….”

MHH (“Kembar”) also got the letter. Adik looks at me with that humble face. What more can I say? I was told by CCG that the management has decided not to renew their contracts.

I receive a text message from YA.

“How did you know? Chong has tendered too”.

I reply YA by saying HCM were the one who told me about CCG’s resignation, but I didn’t know about Chong’s.

I’m on the phone with a friend. We talk about HCM’s decision to leave.

“Well, part of me thinks HCM’s right. She wants to leave, fine. Let’s join her and others, and leave (the Company). But another part of me thinks what if by some miracle we stay and actually make it out of here? Someday we might look back on this and decide that staying with the Company is the one decent thing we were able to pull out of this whole, God awful shitty mess. Like you said Lee, we do that, we all earn the right to go home”.

With CCG leaving, I see no one else is there at HQ to handle the administration part of project management except AFL. I am not sure if he can manage everything on his own. I hope he doesn’t crack under pressure.

For a moment, I think of CENCON. Let’s see.

NHY is leaving, so I heard. She said since CENCON is not extended (officially), her contract is also not renewed. At the same time, the person who handles Microsoft is also leaving. So I guess if I bump into any issue pertaining to Microsoft, I don’t know to whom I should refer to.

On the operations side, JL is still there. At least the delivery part of the process is still on. But I’m beginning to worry over the fact that come July, I will be short of two men. Adik and Kembar are leaving too. And based on my LO records, I have one big delivery coming up.

Ops SMS Tapah.

It is the biggest delivery in terms of quantity ever received in a single LO from MOE. Valued over RM800k, the quantity consists of over 100 units of PCs, 40 units of printers, and a batch of other items, and change. With Adik and Kembar out of the team, I am left with Zali and Bro. As normal daily cases come in now and then from other projects, I worry this biggest installation will be the one where there’s only one person doing it – me.

I wonder when I should press the panic button. I have something else in mind, though.

Pantun berpantun tuan, mak andam sayang
Berjual beli pantun Melayu
Walau dialun tuan, gurindam sayang
Luka di hati orang tak tahu…

I have nothing else to say today.