Sunday, July 4, 2010.
I was on my way back from KL when I heard this old song on the radio. I was so touched by the lyrics and beautiful melody.
One day in your life
you'll remember a place
Someone's touching your face
You'll come back and you'll look around you
One day in your life
You'll remember the love you found here
You'll remember me somehow
Though you don't need me now
I will stay in your heart
And when things fall apart
You'll remember one day...
One day in your life
When you find that you're always waiting
For the love we used to share
Just call my name
And I'll be there
You'll remember me somehow
Though you don't need me now
I will stay in your heart
And when things fall apart
You'll remember one day...
One day in your life
When you find that you're always longing
for the love we used to share
Just call my name
And I'll be there
For the past few weeks work has been miserable, more than nightmare in a day or two as I could recall. I have witnessed my two best men left their battle posts last month, and just a couple of days ago another one of my staff decided to end his career in the Company. He has not got a job as we speak. I reckon the same issues of inability to withstand the financial burden, added with an incident of brutal mental torture over the phone by one of the senior managers.
HCM sent me a message over the phone, “Have you talked it over with him? Kenapa boleh sampai berhenti? Dia dah ada kerja lain ke?”
I told HCM that I did not provoke him to leave, nor to stop him from leaving. It was entirely up to him. So Wan ‘Bro’ Azlan’s last day would be in about three weeks.
Good question, “what’s next?”
“Kita buatlah apa yang termampu”, said Zali. “Lagipun, apa yang Allah bagi keizinan kita buat, kita buatlah. Selebihnya, kita berserah”. He’s got a point.
I was in KL to visit my wife’s granduncle. To cut the story short, this granduncle of hers known as Atuk Cik is a well-mannered man, a person who “people would seek to cure the pain in the soul”. Being a ‘board member’ of Darul Syifa’, Atuk Cik has always been the center of reference whenever his relatives bump into a brick wall.
“Ko pergilah jumpa dia, Lias”, said Andak Ipah, my wife’s aunt. And so I went.
When I was at his house there was a part where he said, “Ni hati ni marah je ni, bengkek je”. Though he puts it in a joking manner, I fully understand what he meant. I admit that I sometimes look at others with a sarcastic face, and speak with sharp, low-toned harsh words. That is something I inherited from my father.
He taught me some stuff that I need to practice, and apply as norms of life. I guess from now on I will have to start changing the way I look and do things. I don’t know whether it or not it would work but heck, its worth to try. The most important thing is to believe in myself that I could do it, with the help of Allah swt.
I wonder what happen to my application that I sent through NA. I must say that it would be a dream come true if I have the chance to work in the aviation industry. Perhaps by then I can say that I believe I can fly!