July 28, 2010; 6.40pm
I looked at the newly installed PCs on the tables which I had fixed earlier. For the past two days I’ve been working on the lab. Imagining a theatrical trailer, I said to myself.
“256 PCs…..
256 tables….
69 printers….
1 man….
Based on the number one best selling novel….
Ilyas Yahya… “My men and I sweated blood out there on the field just to make sure that people like you sit comfortably in your chair! You can’t even wear my shoes to do my work because you can’t even tie your shoes without permission, can you?!!”
Ghazali Seman… “This…. is madness. This is complete madness”
Jenny Liew…. “When I look at the truck load of tables… oh my God…!”
and Yahya Sulaiman… “You took an oath… you gave your word to the Islam…”
Paramount Pictures presents… this summer’s most electrifying motion picture….
“SEMESTA”
Miracles do happen, that’s what I always believe. Today, Alhamdulillah after spending two days at Semesta, I have managed to install 31 tables and 31 PCs completely. The best part is I did it all by myself. Yup… you heard me. I did it all by myself. Alone!
It felt good alright! Damn good! Now who said I can’t do it?! I bet none of the senior managers at the Company could accomplish that in two days, aye? All they know is talk, and talk, and more talking. Bloody *toot* *tooooot* @&%*. Then again, let them talk. Soon they’ll be out of topic to talk about, when whatever they say can be countered.
After maghrib prayers I start my long journey back home. I was so tired that I had to stop in Temoh. Looking at the name, I remember mom said that she was born here. I took out my phone and dialed her number. Dad answered.
“Angah, mak demam. Dah dua hari. Ayah dah pujuk dia gi klinik, tapi dia taknak”, he said. Dad himself sounded weak due to asthmatic.
“Angah, kalau ada peluang kerja kat KL, baliklah. Mak tu tak sihat. Lately mak pun dah lemah badan. Makan pun tak lalu. Mak patut pergi UH hari Selasa”, he added. I closed my eyes and think. I knew had to do something, and fast.