February 21, 2011

Missing This and That


My life has been smooth lately – work is, well, work. Then I have my lecturing series, and Ops Lengkuas is gaining momentum. Alhamdulillah, I have no complains. The only thing that got me a little bit frustrated was my old Ford 4x4 Courier’s wheel went flat twice. Knowing a 4x4 truck, the tyres are heavy and changing the spare tyre is an enormously tiring process. Nevertheless it is such a challenge especially when you’re in the middle of the jungle, in the rain and the ground is soft that you couldn’t even stabilize the car jack. But it was indeed a good experience, though. Not to mention, each tyre would cost me around RM480. So imagine having to change a pair.....

Mom is not well. She will be going a minor O&G surgery (well, that’s what she says) at the end of the month. I have made arrangements to be with her on that day. The ironic part is that I am also scheduled to see the doctor for my routine checkup. I guess I just have to postpone that to some other day.

HCM called me the other day. I wonder why. I know I should get a blackberry, but then again it would be a misallocation of funds because I just upgraded my broadband line at home and besides I feel that I don’t think I would utilize it that much. I don’t receive emails that many like I used to. Even if I do, I have come to a point where I delete the emails right after I read the subject!

But anyway I would love to chat with HCM again. Since I left Sapura, I haven’t been in contact with her that much. Yes, I admit that I “miss” her. Come to think of it, I miss all my friends especially those at UPD and Sapura. Perhaps I should give them a call someday.