Along and I had a long discussion on Ops Lengkuas, what to do, how to do and etc. Dad told us about building this and that, but I said to him at the moment due to budget constraint I am unable to do it one shot. I couldn’t even get the pesticide because it is too expensive and my savings for Ops Lengkuas for this month has exhausted. I guess it’ll have to wait next month.
One thing I notice about Ops Lengkuas is that the project has brought us all together as a team. My parents and Along are contributing ideas on how to improve the land. The only person missing is Papa. He has not been in touch with me lately. I can understand that he’s busy, but there are times I am kind of disappointed with his attitude. I am not sure what’s forbidding him from talking to me or Along. I notice he has not been talking to us much like he used to.
Next week insya’Allah I will be going to Lengkuas again. I and Pakcik Isa have managed to clear up the area near the hut. Pakcik Isa later went further down to clear the way to the river. Once we reach the river on from the hut, we may be able to cover the first acre of the land. Perhaps by month end we would be able to clear the whole five acres, insya’Allah. I just hope Allah gives us strength and allows us to stay in good health.
I am doing three different jobs now. Firstly, there’s my permanent job, then there’s lecturing, and now Ops Lengkuas. I am eager to rip the benefits from Ops Lengkuas after a round of first level investment. So far I have invested around 35k, ranging from a 4x4 pickup, a new unit of Echo RM-315 bush cutter, a refurbished unit of chainsaw, a refurbished unit of Stihl bush cutter, and some other tools. So far I can see we’re making progress. Pakcik Isa teaches me a lot of tricks, sharing tips and tactics while working on the land. Insya’Allah, I really hope we can get our first ringgit by year end. I’m sure once we get that, I know I have reached a turning point.