November 22, 2010

Strength From Above


Adik got married the other day. I did not have the chance to attend his wedding because I had to give a lecture to some e-commerce students from UUM. At the same time my colleagues’ daughter got engaged on the same day. I had turn down all invitations because of the lecture.

Megat Nor Hafiz bin Megat Mohd Salleh a.k.a Adik was my staff when I was with SSM. I guess many people knew that he was one of the best guys in the team. From the day I met him until today, he has never once say “no” to whatever instructions given. I think although I’ve written much about him any words of mine could never express my gratefulness.

To Adik, selamat pengantin baru. Semoga Allah murahkan rezeki, panjangkan umur, dikurniakan Allah zuriat yang indah paras rupa, cantik budi bahasa, hormat orang tua dan taat perintah agama, dan dipanjangkan jodoh dunia akhirat.

I also missed a personal invitation from my fellow colleague Fuziatul Norseha Ishak whom I knew when I was with UPD Systems. He daughter, engineer Salina Roslan got engaged on the same day as Adik’s wedding.

I knew her daughter way some time ago when she was still studying. I don’t know much about her then, but I know she was studying engineering or something like that, of which similar to that of OM. In a way I could say we share some similarity there. I must say that I really enjoy her company as much as I enjoy talking to her about OM, academics, studies and the like. The rest is all history.

I only got to know a little bit of her achievements from her mother a.k.a Kak Fuzi. However judging from her photos in FB and her recent engagement, I bet she’s doing well in her career.

To IrSalina Roslan, I am terribly sorry for not attending your engagement on November 20, 2010. I’m a bit tight up with work and all, and insya’Allah beginning next month I’ll be a “one part manager, one part lecturer and two parts farmer”. You’re a big girl now and I’m sure your parents are happy to see you achieving the greatest heights in life. On my side, seeing you becoming a successful engineer is enough to portray my personal achievement in motivating another Malay Muslim. May Allah give you guidance along the way, and do not forget to pray for your parents, whom, I’m sure you’ll agree with me that without them you would never be where and who you are now. Once again, congratulations. God willing, insya’Allah, I will make it a point to see you and your parents on your wedding day.

I have planned to develop Lengkuas with Along. Since Along is far, he could only assist me in sharing information on how to organize the Ops Lengkuas project. Along has told me to stay focus if I intend to rip the benefits in the long run. Frankly speaking I know this is a do a die kind of thing. I should do something on the land while I still can. There’s no point to start developing the land at retirement age. I don’t even know whether I’d live that long in the first place!

I am very fortunate to have the support from some people. I managed to buy an old 4x4 Ford Courier by interest-free installments, Alhamdulillah. I also got the support in terms of tools and machinery. So far I’ve got a Husqvarna 136 chainsaw and Stihl FR88 bush cutter. Although those are old and used machines, all they need is a little bit touch up and servicing and they’re good to go.

When Along was in Lengkuas, we saw one of the durian trees is being attacked by termites. That doesn’t look good. Along said one of the best pesticide is Premise SC200. The cost per liter is RM530.00. That sure is expensive. But Along said considering the effectiveness of the pesticide, it is worth the price compared to the long term benefits.

Before I could start anything, I have to make sure that the Ford is in good shape. Insya’Allah I’ll be sending the Ford for servicing and some small modifications. After that Ops Lengkuas is ready to be executed.

May Allah give us strength.