“You'll never know where life takes you” ~ Governor Arnold Schwazenegger.
After a few months of dramatic events, I can say that I am more stable right now as far as living life is concerned. Work has been very smooth, and things are very much relaxing now. I have been taking good care of myself besides the usual medication and visits to the hospital. No more heavy things to carry, less office matters to think of. In summary Alhamdulillah life is good. I just hope it carries on that way.
Since I have ample time at work, I start to concentrate on other personal matters. Of course the most important thing right now is The Goal.
Just a few days ago an old friend of mine IZ called. She offered me to do part time lecturing at a nearby college. Alhamdulillah, I will be able to make some extra income.
“Kita terangkan dulu, kemudian baru nampak apa boleh buat”, said Pakcik Isa, the gardener at my office. I took him and Along to Lengkuas to visit my orchid. Besides that Along also advises me on the technicality of bio-agriculture. Along mentioned there are a lot of things that can be done to improve the long unattended land.
Back at home I did some thinking. Mom has told me to develop the land. She has spent a lot bringing it up, and has passed on the legacy. It is now my responsibility to ensure the land could generate some income, or at least become a place where my family and friends can relax and unwind while enjoying fresh fruits.
For the next few months I might probably be busy going in and out of the five acre land. Some machines will be brought in to ease the clearing work. I have to make it happen this time after a few attempts. I’m not getting younger, so like it or not I have to do my best.
I also realize that spending more time on the land means I'll be diverting myself to a new kind of career. Having graduated with a postgraduate degree in IT doesn't necessarily mean I will retire as a CIO or something. So I guess this is a sudden diversion I make in life. I don't know whether it'll work. But insya'Allah with the right attitude and wisdom, I'd probably succeed. So yeah, you can never know where life takes you.